Page Caching In Windows 8 Apps?

Question

• Hi All,

Am Developing Windows 8 Apps.

Im mY first Page i have user Personal details and in my second page i have user Contact Details

Page1--> User personal Page

page2-->Contact details

page 3-->Complete Registration.

At my page 3 i have "Save" option but i need to carry objects from page1-page2-page3

and in reverse way also..(i.e.,) from page 3 to page 2

if i come back to page 2 from page 3 i need to retain all th controls selected state as well textbox values what ever i have enterted .

forward navigation is working fine for me but reverse navigation is failing

any suggestion would be of great help.

Thanks 

Arjun.m

Arjun

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can specify that a page be cached by using the NavigationCacheMode property.  In the constructor of BasicPage1, set NavigationCacheMode to Enabled:

public BasicPage1()
    {
        this.InitializeComponent();
        this.NavigationCacheMode = 
            Windows.UI.Xaml.Navigation.NavigationCacheMode.Enabled;
    }
    You can get more information in Navigating between pages

And see NavigationCacheMode enumeration

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by ArjunShrivatsa Friday, February 21, 2014 4:37 AM
    Friday, February 21, 2014 2:42 AM