none
visual studio 2015 refactoring method signature missing.

Question

• I'm trying to refactor the method signature in c++ visual studio 2015 but didn't find any such functionality in 2015. Please let me know if there is any way to accomplish this.
    Sunday, May 01, 2016 6:23 AM

Answers

• Hi curious_visual_studio,

I have checked both of my Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015 based on your description, I find the Refactor menu has been removed from Visual Studio 2015.

I think it should be the design for Visual Studio 2015. I suggest you using Visual Studio 2013 if you still want to use this function. And if you have any idea for this design, please submit your idea to Visual Studio Connect and share the feedback link here. I will vote it and it also can let other communities who has the same problem to vote and add comments for the feedback. The report team experts will treat this issue seriously.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 02, 2016 8:53 AM

All replies

I have checked both of my Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015 based on your description, I find the Refactor menu has been removed from Visual Studio 2015.

I think it should be the design for Visual Studio 2015. I suggest you using Visual Studio 2013 if you still want to use this function. And if you have any idea for this design, please submit your idea to Visual Studio Connect and share the feedback link here. I will vote it and it also can let other communities who has the same problem to vote and add comments for the feedback. The report team experts will treat this issue seriously.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, May 02, 2016 8:53 AM

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

I've been doing Java for a while so I missed this in VS2015 until now.  What would be the purpose of moving the refactoring menu to the menu bar rather than a context menu? Refactoring from the context menu, on the fly as you code, is the way it should be done, as it was before.
    Friday, December 30, 2016 3:58 AM