How to Built appx project has part of Project Build and TFS Build. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any1 help me on generate *.appx package on every check-ins we do on Visual Studio. How to automate the process of generating the *.appx through TFS build. Please let me know what r the changes i need to do *.csproj so that appx package is created. Should i add msbuild <<Store Project .csproj>> in Post-build events?

Mahender

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:18 PM

All replies

• I think that's a fine idea.  Check out this post for a little more information:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/165fa571-bdad-4624-9c4b-d1701ea25f56/msbuild-target-to-create-the-appx-package?forum=toolsforwinapps

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:39 PM
  • Hi Matt,

It does not tell me how to configure MSBUILD in my csproj file. I edited my proj file like belowm but nuthing is working

<Target Name="AfterBuild">
        <Message Text="After build"></Message>
        <Exec Command="&quot;C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\Bin\msbuild.exe&quot; $(MSBuildProjectName).csproj /t:Publish /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=&quot;AnyCPU&quot;" ContinueOnError="false" />
      </Target>

it keeps creating mutliple msbuild.exe at a time

Mahender

Saturday, January 18, 2014 10:12 AM