BAS TPM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

BAS has been removed from the BizTalk 2009, what replaces it for Trading Partner Management?

Thanks,

William
    Monday, February 16, 2009 4:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can still work with trading partne management using Role LInks in orchesterations and using Parties in the BizTalk administration console. I found that the inclusion of parties in the Admin console in 2006 made a lot of the BAS stuff obsolete, as it was easy to create simple TPM solutions without BAS.

Regards,

Alan

BloggersGuides.net
    Monday, February 16, 2009 8:09 AM

All replies

•   I think BAS has been replaced with the new features that comes with the EDI and AS/2.

-Firas
    Please mark answers that solve your problem.
    Monday, February 16, 2009 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

You can still work with trading partne management using Role LInks in orchesterations and using Parties in the BizTalk administration console. I found that the inclusion of parties in the Admin console in 2006 made a lot of the BAS stuff obsolete, as it was easy to create simple TPM solutions without BAS.

Regards,

Alan

BloggersGuides.net
    Monday, February 16, 2009 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

I am aware of the functionality around parties contained within the BizTalk 2006 R2 admin console.  However, I am looking for the most efficient way to add a large number of trading parties at one time.  I think that it would be possible to use the TPM Web Service which was in BizTalk 2006 R2.  As such, is/will the TPM Web Service still be available in BizTalk 2009?

Thanks,

William

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:15 AM
  • As far as I know there will not be a TPM Web Service. We investigated this for a new large project that will also involve adding a large number of parties - the technical solution I proposed was to create wrapper secure WCF services around the BizTalk API to manage the new parties.

Regards,

Thiago Almeida

Thiago Almeida - http://connectedthoughts.wordpress.com
    Friday, February 27, 2009 8:37 AM
    Answerer