Stacking active tiles

General discussion

• Any way to stack the active tiles? Metro Start seems to have wide surface for tiles through which one can scroll. There is the list view with smaller icons when searching for an app or setting by name, but stacking tiles to group them could allow more direct access. They could show some edges to reveal the stack. A touch gesture like flipping a corner or right click on edge could flip to next tile.

I just installed a couple of common programs for Windows (Skype, LibreOffice,  and Gimp) all of which created some tiles on the Metro Start. I can open the programs with the tile, but as one installs more apps, the numbers of tiles grows quickly. Just a suggestion on organizing the UI. A little like that old stack of index cards program for addresses back in the 1990s. But it saves clutter.

Metro works OK with a mouse and I am using Windows key and keyboard to quickly jump around. On a touchscreen the gestures do it, but I can see using a tablet then PC and other devices all with Metro.   

Friday, September 16, 2011 2:50 AM