Navigation Pane RRS feed

• Question

• <reposted due to my inadvertent deletion of earlier thread>

There has been alot of threads on this topic but unfortunately none that fit my specific situation.

I want to hide the Navigation Pane.  Seems pretty simple enough but the solution eludes me.  I've gone into Access Options, Current Database and unchecked Display Navigation Pane.  I've closed the file and reopened only to find the Nav Pane viewable.  I've rechecked the Display Navigation Pane only to see that is in fact UNchecked.  I am stumped as to why the checkbox can be unchecked and yet I still see the Nav Pane.

Some additional info here:  I have one form viewable which is due to an openform command in my autoexec macro and the tool bars have been hidden.

Any thoughts?

Brian

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:36 PM

Answers

• Problem solved.

I inserted the following code in my Form_Load() EP of the form in the autoexec.bat

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "tblInput", True
        DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

Worked like a charm.

• Marked as answer by BrianJohn Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:56 PM

All replies

• I bet the autoExec macro is getting focus which would expose the Pane. Remove the AutoExec macro (or rename it). Go to Access Options>Current Database and set you form as the startup (Display) form. I think that will keep the pane hidden. You should also disable the Special keys as F11 will open the Nav Pane even if it is hidden.

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Problem solved.

I inserted the following code in my Form_Load() EP of the form in the autoexec.bat

Worked like a charm.

• Marked as answer by BrianJohn Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:09 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Problem solved.

Worked like a charm.

Brian

You don't even have to use a table name. Just use an empty string as in:

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, "", True

Bill Mosca
    www.thatlldoit.com
    http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:55 PM