Access problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-174939589 posted

I have started up the personal website template but it wont let me access it.  I have visual studio 2005 and sql dev express.

i get the following

Could not establish a connection to the database.
    If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the Web Site Administration tool, use the aspnet_regsql command-line utility to create and configure the database, and then return to this tool to set the provider.

so i did the aspnet_regsql

server name - mklaptop

db - aspnetdb

when i tried to get into the personal db it gave me a remote connection error

when i go into the web admin tool / security

There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data store.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Unable to connect to SQL Server database

so i click 'choose data store'

Your application is currently configured to use the provider: AspNetSqlProvider

then i click Select a single provider for all site management data

Provider
    <INPUT id=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_content_content_content_ProviderList_ProviderListGridView_ctl02_ProviderRadioButton type=radio CHECKED value=ProviderRadioButton name=ctl00$ctl00$ctl00$content$content$content$ProviderList$ProviderListGridView$ctl02$ProviderRadioButton><LABEL for=ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_content_content_content_ProviderList_ProviderListGridView_ctl02_ProviderRadioButton>AspNetSqlProvider</LABEL> Test

i click on test and i get the first thing i posted above...,

help!  please

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:05 AM

All replies

• User-174939589 posted

I have managed to create roles and 1 user .. now I am getting

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the localhost home page.

You can click search.gif (114 bytes) Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

Friday, December 14, 2007 1:50 PM
  • User1062069858 posted

How did you solve the fist problem? I am having the same issue.

Monday, March 10, 2008 1:49 AM
  • User-174939589 posted

No but if you do please let me know.  I gave up since it appears no one has a clue.

Monday, March 10, 2008 9:00 AM