Redirect FBA user to a custom aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the in-built SharePoint login.aspx page for logging in the FBA user.
    But when the user enters correct username and password,he is redirected to /Pages/default.aspx page.
    I want the user to be redircted to my custom .aspx page.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:49 PM

Answers

• Hello Becky,

I referred the below post and it worked perfectly fine...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/b1b68e0b-fcd2-40ff-944f-52c09c36849d
    • Marked as answer by gk_sp2010 Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:06 PM

All replies

• I don't know of a way to do this out of the box. (Maybe someone else does.) I think the Redirect code is in the compiled SharePoint code. I think you'll need to create your own FBA login page using custom code that will redirect the user where you want them to go. Writing a custom login page is actually fairly easy to do, and there are a lot of articles out there telling you how to do it if you do a search.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:03 PM
  • Hello Becky,

I referred the below post and it worked perfectly fine...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/b1b68e0b-fcd2-40ff-944f-52c09c36849d
    • Marked as answer by gk_sp2010 Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:06 PM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:06 PM
  • Yes, that will work, but make note of the caveat they mentioned; it's not best practice to make changes to pages that are part of the SharePoint installation. You run the risk that the next time there's a patch or a service release, it could overwrite the changes you made.
    Visit my blog at blog.beckybertram.com or follow me on Twitter: @beckybertram
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:12 PM
  • I copied the in-built login.aspx page to a subdirectory within /_layouts and then customized it.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:53 PM
  • Add the script as a feature and you should be fine if there is an update from microsoft.
    Search for header control templates.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:21 PM
  • hi gk_26

set u r custom aspx page  as welcome page of the siteCollection
    ragava_28
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:28 PM