Publishing an application starts instance of IE ??? RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed the every time you do a publishing an instance of the Internet Explorer starts up.

This instance NEVER shuts down again and that's a problem - I beleave.

I'm investigating an error witch ONLY comes up in the published version son I have done this publishing process a lot of times and by accident I saw the Windows Task list had up to 18 instances of the IE running - and I had none in the process bar - in a periode of 15 min is was NOT collected by the garbage man !

Isn't that a problem ?

Best regards KSor, Denmark
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:35 PM

Answers

• Yes the publish process is different based on the project type as you can imagine your question has nothing to do with sending a web site to the web server or adding an assembly to BizTalk Server's Application. 

Since your question is specific to ClickOnce and not specific to C# (VB.Net's publish menu does the same thing if the project type is the same), I suggest you to post to the ClickOnce forum.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Ksor Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:01 PM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:55 PM

All replies

• What are you publishing? ClickOnce app? Web Site? BisTalk application?

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:42 PM
  • It's a "click-ones" app - should it make a difference ?

Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Yes the publish process is different based on the project type as you can imagine your question has nothing to do with sending a web site to the web server or adding an assembly to BizTalk Server's Application. 

Since your question is specific to ClickOnce and not specific to C# (VB.Net's publish menu does the same thing if the project type is the same), I suggest you to post to the ClickOnce forum.

Visual C++ MVP
    • Marked as answer by Ksor Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:01 PM
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:55 PM
  • OK - that's fair enough !

thx for the answer

Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:02 PM