Is there any possibility for Speech to Text Offline Capability in windows store app?

Question

• Hi,

am developing a windows store app using C# and xaml.

In my app i want to implement Speech to text functionality.

My app works without internet connection.

I need to implement speech to text functionality in my app which should work without internet connection.

Is there any possibility for this?

Any suggestions and help please?

Regards,

Santhosh

Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Santhosh Kumar.CH,

Accroding to your description, I know that you want to implement speech to text functionality without internet connection, then as far as I known it is not possible, because there is no build-in speech recognition API in Windows Store apps. Although we can use others for instead like the Bing Speech Recognition Control, but it seems that it still need the internet.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 6, 2015 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Santhosh Kumar.CH,

Accroding to your description, I know that you want to implement speech to text functionality without internet connection, then as far as I known it is not possible, because there is no build-in speech recognition API in Windows Store apps. Although we can use others for instead like the Bing Speech Recognition Control, but it seems that it still need the internet.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 6, 2015 5:41 AM
  • Hi Amy,

Thanks for your reply..

Monday, March 9, 2015 12:45 PM
  • Please mark the reply if helps.
    Monday, March 9, 2015 2:08 PM