Not able to create Linked Service connection in Data Factory using corporate user account RRS feed

• Question

• I have free azure account subscription using my corporate email id. I can connect azure account using my corporate email id only without asking password.

Now I am using data factory resource. I am trying Linked Service connection for 'Copy Data' service which ask user name and password. When click on Test connection, it does fail with error saying username password is incorrect. I use the corporate email and password.

my corporate email id - ak250879@ncr.com

When I try to change the password in azure account, it doesn't allow me to change citing my corporate policy.

Please help me how to create link service with my credential. Thanks!!

• Moved by YASWANTH MADI Friday, June 21, 2019 5:30 AM better suited here(moved from storage)
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Amit,

What is the Linked Service that you are trying to create?

The way it works is that Linked Services are basically connections you make to a data store. Each type of data store has its own authentication. Eg- a SQL Linked Service needs SQL Authentication and hence you will have to use those credentials. So it's totally dependent on the Data Store that you want to create a connection to.

Friday, June 21, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Thanks for response!!

I am creating Linked Services for File storage cloud service.

I need to know what userid have to use for link to connect file storage resource?

It always throw error of invalid user name or password for both options (key vault or username/password)

Monday, June 24, 2019 2:21 PM