What are Prediction settings Panning option (Pen and Touch)?

Question

• Good day,

In Pen and Touch applet on the Panning tab I found a new option called "Prediction settings". It has only one scrollbar called Latency. I played with it but haven't found any impact on panning behaviour. What is it? What does it suppose to do?

Saturday, December 03, 2011 2:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

I have Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch CT-460 and I am getting just 3 options - Pen Options, Flicks and Handwriting. Have downloaded all the latest drivers from the Wacom site. It probably has to do with the model you are using.

Irfan
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 4:09 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

I have Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch CT-460 and I am getting just 3 options - Pen Options, Flicks and Handwriting. Have downloaded all the latest drivers from the Wacom site. It probably has to do with the model you are using.

Irfan

Those tabs are multitouch (not tablet) that were available in windows 7 as well. Only the "prediction settings" is new there.
    Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:05 AM
  • In Pen and Touch applet on the Panning tab I found a new option called "Prediction settings". It has only one scrollbar called Latency. I played with it but haven't found any impact on panning behaviour. What is it? What does it suppose to do? 

I may be imagining it but I think More makes scrolling the Start screen more "bouncy".   E.g. a much more obvious rebound from "boundary feedback"?   Maybe each touch while scrolling doesn't have as much selection effect too but I recently made a significant change in that area so that may have more to do with that effect.   FWIW my digitizer is from nTrig.

---

Saturday, December 03, 2011 1:00 PM
  • In Pen and Touch applet on the Panning tab I found a new option called "Prediction settings". It has only one scrollbar called Latency. I played with it but haven't found any impact on panning behaviour. What is it? What does it suppose to do? 

I may be imagining it but I think More makes scrolling the Start screen more "bouncy".   E.g. a much more obvious rebound from "boundary feedback"?   Maybe each touch while scrolling doesn't have as much selection effect too but I recently made a significant change in that area so that may have more to do with that effect.   FWIW my digitizer is from nTrig.

---

Played with the start menu and other apps horizontal scrolling and didn't notice any changes - I get the same with "Less" and "More" options...
    Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:49 AM