none
Bing Mpas 8 Web Control - Birds Eye view not available RRS feed

• Question

• Using the control, under the options I can only see Road, Aerial, Streetside and Ordnance Survey as options on the visualisation.

Can the control be set to view Birdseye imagery (as was in v7 of the web control)?

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 4:26 PM

Answers

• Birds eye is currently not available in the V8 map control. The birds eye imagery in V7 is very old and is a major source of customer DSAT. In V8 we plan to introduce a new Birds eye experience within the next year.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Glenn_Waker Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:35 PM
  • It's not noted in the migration guide as the migration guide says in the introduction that anything not mentioned is in the guide is planned.

Can you send me am email at richbrun at microsoft.com with some details on your application. I'm trying to track which customers consider this a migration blocker.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:28 PM

All replies

• Birds eye is currently not available in the V8 map control. The birds eye imagery in V7 is very old and is a major source of customer DSAT. In V8 we plan to introduce a new Birds eye experience within the next year.

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:35 PM
    • Marked as answer by Glenn_Waker Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:35 PM
  • I was not aware that Birds Eye view is not available in Bing 8 - there is no note about this in your Migration Guide.

It is a must for our clients to have this feature. So we cannot switch to Bing 8 now.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 9:24 AM
  • It's not noted in the migration guide as the migration guide says in the introduction that anything not mentioned is in the guide is planned.

Can you send me am email at richbrun at microsoft.com with some details on your application. I'm trying to track which customers consider this a migration blocker.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:28 PM