none
MS Project 2010 - VBA - MultiPage Form - System Error "&H80070057 (-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect" RRS feed

• Question

• I have succesfully written some VBA code that uses a User Form to prompt the user for information to support time phased data extraction from MS Project 2010 Professional to MS Excel.  When the form is modified to use the the MultiPage control (no other changes), you can click through the tabs successfully with no problems.  However, when doing a local save of the MS Project file (Save As to local drive, not a save to Project Server), I receive the following error message:

"System Error &H80070057 (-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect" and then MS Project 2010 crashes. 

Any suggestions?

--Ira

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:20 PM

All replies

• Ira,

Are you saying that it worked fine before you added the Multipage control?

There have been some issues with VBA in Project 2010. The following thread may or may not be applicable, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-project/why-does-project-professional-2010-crash-when-i/5dec7fce-2bd5-434a-91de-c4c20d1d68eb?page=2.

John

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Yes sir.  The code works as designed if I do not use the MultiPage control. 

I was trying to make the form a little more user friendly by grouping content into multiple pages.  The only code change is the addition of the line "MultiPage1.Value = 0" to make sure page 1 is the initial page displayed.  Otherwise, the code is identical.

--Ira

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:53 PM
  • Ira,

Okay, I'll check it out later today when I get some time, unless someone else jumps in with a quick answer. Meanwhile, did you check out the thread I referenced, particularly the two hotfixes noted by Rod Gill?

John

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:43 PM
  • Yes, I plan to check to make sure all of the hotfixes are installed.  It is possible one of the hotfixes may have already addressed the issue.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Ira,

I can't say that a hotfix is relevant because I can't duplicate an issue. However, I don't work with Project Server so I don't have the same "test bed" that you have. What I did do was to create a simple userform with a multipage control. I entered the single code line "MultiPage.Value = 0" and ran the userform code. I did this with two cases, one with the userform resident in the Global, which is the default with Project 2010, and one with the userform resident in the test file. In both instances I used Save As on the test file. No problems occurred.

I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. In a Project Server environment there might be an issue that simply doesn't show up with a stand alone installation. Read the descriptions for all hotfixes and see if there is any mention of this item. If not, hopefully someone who is versed in Project Server will jump in and offer a suggestion.

John

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:18 AM
  • Thanks John.  I appreciate the assistance!

--Ira

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Ira,

You're welcome but I'm not sure I really helped. However I did have some additional thoughts since I last posted.

You indicate that things go awry when you add the initializing statement:

MultiPage.Value = 0

The multipage control should automatically default to page 1 when the userform is loaded and that should make the above line of code unnecessary. Did you try that?

Also does this failure occur if you create a simplistic unserform with only the multipage control for a simple test file? I'm skeptical that just adding that line of code is the source of the problem. The more you can isolate the condition, the better chance of finding a solution.

John

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:30 PM
  • John,

I have the same problem as Ira. When inserting a MultiPage Control into a user form, save this file to lokal drive and try to close this file, Ira's error message is displayed. When opening the file again all VBA modules are deleted. (if you had a lot of modules in your file, you are lucky to have a backup copy!)

This problem has nothing to do with project server. Opening MS-Project with profile "Computer" shows the same.

Any hotfix know fixing this issue (I have CU June 2012 installed).

Hartmut

Hartmut de Jong

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:19 PM
  • I think this is the hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596585?wa=wsignin1.0

I had this problem big time and this hotfix solved it for me. In fact I think I was one of the people to first report this!

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Monday, November 5, 2012 12:20 AM
  • Hi Rod,

opening this hotfix it is assigned to access (?). But I downloaded and installed the latest CU of project 2010 and this helps too. Thank you

Hartmut

Hartmut de Jong

Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:32 AM