none
Publishing SharePoint 2013 Workflow error - There was no endpoint listening RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an issue when I publish a simple custom workflow (2013 platform) via SP Designer 2013:
    "There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc that could accept the message."

I am able to browse to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc with no issues or errors showing.

• I have installed WF manager on a WFE server in a 3 tier setup - WFE, APP, SQL.
    • I am trying to publish this through a domain account which was not used to install, but is still local administrator and Site Collection administrator.
    • The net.pipe binding exists in IIS web site for SharePoint Web Services
    • Windows Server 2012, installed all WF updates, SP server updates, SP Designer update

Any ideas?

Thanks, Roy Kim

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:08 PM

Answers

• The solution:

Windows Services -> Start the Net.Pipe Listener Adapter

Description: Receives activation requests over the net.pipe protocol and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.

I just stumbled upon this service associating by the name "Net.Pipe" and the error message containing "There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://..."

However, I appreciate MikhailSP reply.

Roy Kim

Blog: roykim.ca

Thanks, Roy Kim

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Roy,

Probably the following link helps you in your troubleshooting:

Troubleshooting Workflow Manager 1.0 Management and Execution

Please, let us know the result.

Regards Michael (http://sp2013-blog.com)
    Please, don't forget to press upvote (if answer is helpful) and mark as answer (if it solves your issue)

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:59 PM
  • The solution:

Windows Services -> Start the Net.Pipe Listener Adapter

Description: Receives activation requests over the net.pipe protocol and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.

I just stumbled upon this service associating by the name "Net.Pipe" and the error message containing "There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://..."

However, I appreciate MikhailSP reply.

Roy Kim

Blog: roykim.ca

Thanks, Roy Kim

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Great tip - same problem on my system. I just don't know why the service wasn't started. Its set to Automatic and I could restart it without problems...
    Monday, September 2, 2013 2:43 PM
  • I ran into the same error, but it was the Net.Pipe Listener Adapter on the SQL server that had been stopped and disabled intentionally by the SQL Server administrator. He had also stopped and disabled the Net.TCP, Net.MSMQ listener adapters and the SQL Browser service. Once we got them all started up things worked fine.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:01 PM
  • Perfect !
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:08 AM