How to move forward from HelloWorld SDK to Next Step RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just started exploring HealthVault HelloWorld SDK - pretty cool and has seriously huge potential. Got some really basics done e.g. getting contact information etc. and now would like to move on to the next step and wondering if anyone can provide some direction (documentation / sample code etc). How do I add Medications / Orders / Allergies etc. with my health record [remember again I am developing this using the HelloWorld SDK].

Looked at the Library and it has lots of Classes and wondering if there are any articles / docs explaining the commonly used classes.

Thanks.

Friday, May 2, 2008 1:08 AM

Answers

• The best source of HealthVault information I've found so far is Eric Gunnerson's blog archives (http://blogs.msdn.com/ericgu/default.aspx). I recently went through them and found a lot of interesting stuff as far back as last October - I didn't have time to go any further back. 

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Being able to upload bigger images from the SDK is a known issue.

If/when the SDK does enforce the same limitation, it would throw an exception that you would need to catch.

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:48 PM

All replies

• The best source of HealthVault information I've found so far is Eric Gunnerson's blog archives (http://blogs.msdn.com/ericgu/default.aspx). I recently went through them and found a lot of interesting stuff as far back as last October - I didn't have time to go any further back. 

Friday, May 2, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Thanks - this is certainly helpful and I will dig in some more this weekend .

Friday, May 2, 2008 9:45 PM
  • Just wanted to let you know that the personalImage code worked - only thing I noticed that the code did not throw any exception / error when the image size was large. Although when I tried through UI , it gave me a message that image size can not be more that 100 KB - wondering if the HealthVault SDK returns you any error and if so how do you trap that .

Thanks.

Friday, May 2, 2008 10:51 PM
  • Being able to upload bigger images from the SDK is a known issue.

If/when the SDK does enforce the same limitation, it would throw an exception that you would need to catch.

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:48 PM