Title: Deployment failed; Description: Deployment to resource group 'Default-NorthEurope' failed; Status: Error RRS feed

• Question

• From Alex Tanti (If listed on twitter) @alextanti88  via Twitter

Trying to create my first Azure HDInsight Cluster in North Europe but on creation of instance I am getting an error.
    Title: Deployment failed; Description: Deployment to resource group 'Default-NorthEurope' failed; Status: Error

https://twitter.com/alextanti88/status/658942897815986176

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi @AzureSupport,

First of all thank you for your efficient support.

I was using 'hadoop' in the instance name and it turns out that this is a keyword and cannot be used in titles. I created a new instance with a different name and now it was created successfully.

Maybe you can improve the error messaging to make it easier for developers to figure out simple errors like this one.

Regards,

Alex Tanti

• Proposed as answer by Alex Tanti Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Syed Irfan Hussain Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi @AzureSupport,

First of all thank you for your efficient support.

I was using 'hadoop' in the instance name and it turns out that this is a keyword and cannot be used in titles. I created a new instance with a different name and now it was created successfully.

Maybe you can improve the error messaging to make it easier for developers to figure out simple errors like this one.

Regards,

Alex Tanti

• Proposed as answer by Alex Tanti Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Syed Irfan Hussain Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2015 10:21 AM
  • Hello Alex,

Thank you for your feedback, and I am glad that you were able to fix the issue by using a different name.

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:58 AM