IndexedDB database location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have just started to create a scheduler windows store application using JavaScript & HTML5. In order to save the data I have used IndexedDB. I am able to save the data but I do not know how to find the database and tables (Object Store)  location.

Will You guys please help me to locate the database and the objects store (tables) created in the database.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vishwajeet.

Monday, January 20, 2014 6:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

IndexedDB files contain in Internet.edb file. You do not view the database contents directly. You should use third party tools to see it.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The files are in C:\Users\<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Indexed DB\

The files are outside app container, windows should take care of deleting the database if the app which uses it is uninstalled.

You can refer to the link to know how to use IndexedDB database in winJS:

http://stephenwalther.com/archive/2012/07/10/creating-an-indexeddbdatasource-for-winjs

See the Indexed Database API and IndexedDB sample

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:00 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. When I look at the file location mentioned above I do not see any .sqlite file there.

The screenshot I have attached.

Is there anything that i am misunderstanding ?

IndexedDB Location
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

IndexedDB files contain in Internet.edb file. You do not view the database contents directly. You should use third party tools to see it.

Best Wishes!

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:57 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:37 AM