none
Windows Ribbon Drop-Down Color Picker ColorTemplate with ThemeColors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to implement a Ribbon Drop-Down Color Picker ColorTemplate with ThemeColors on the drop down element of a ToolStripSplitButton but am having very little success in finding a solution anywhere on the Web.  I have found solutions with C# and C++ and hints with VB.  Is it possible to implement this with VB?  I'm currently wring an application with VB that need this function on a ToolStrip.

All the best,

HotIndigo

• Edited by HotIndigo Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:49 PM
    Tuesday, January 7, 2020 11:49 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I've never worked with this before but found this an interesting topic and learned high level

• Working with the Ribbon is XAML based
    • Seems the definitive work (see this page) has been done not with Visual Basic
    • This is the C# version of what you are looking for last updated in 2009 and is XAML based.

So you would need to work with the C# DLL assemblies and UWP or WPF (which of course can be considered windows apps of today vs the old style windows apps)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by HotIndigo Friday, January 10, 2020 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:09 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I've never worked with this before but found this an interesting topic and learned high level

• Working with the Ribbon is XAML based
    • Seems the definitive work (see this page) has been done not with Visual Basic
    • This is the C# version of what you are looking for last updated in 2009 and is XAML based.

So you would need to work with the C# DLL assemblies and UWP or WPF (which of course can be considered windows apps of today vs the old style windows apps)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by HotIndigo Friday, January 10, 2020 7:43 AM
    Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:09 AM
  • Hello Karen,

Thanks for the recommendation.  As I am writing in VB, does the C# DLL contain toolbox elements that can be dropped into a VB designer?

HotViolet

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:56 AM
  • Hello Karen,

Thanks for the recommendation.  As I am writing in VB, does the C# DLL contain toolbox elements that can be dropped into a VB designer?

HotViolet

The standard items in the toolbox are C# that you use now so dropping these items on to a form is no different other than you know they are C#. I write controls and components in C# and use in VB.NET and the reverse. 

StackOverFlow

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 11:57 AM
  • Hello Karen,

Thanks again.  Where do I find these .DLLs or, at least, the source to compile the DLLs?

HotViolet.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:50 PM