none
Azure Libraries Install Hangs RRS feed

• Question

• This is my first attempt to installing Azure tools or SDK's, so I don't have any legacy stuff hanging around that I know about.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I do have prior installations of VS 2008 and VS 2010.  But thus far I've done no Azure development.

When I first tried to install VS 2012 with the Azure tools and SDK's via the Web Platform Installer the install process hung at this point:

Stops here

After getting VS 2012 installed without the Azure tools and SDK's I tried to install the Azure Libraries separately (WindowsAzureLibsForNet-x64.msi).  It too hung during the process:

Hanging

Has anyone else had this problem?  What's the location of the log file(s) that can help me determine what the issue is?  I'm anxious to get started.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 1:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I'd like to suggest you confirm it with our Azure support team.
    Please refer to

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=14928&st=1&wfxredirect=1&sd=gn
    In the subsequent page, please select "Other".

Hope this helps.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 6:36 AM
  • This is my first attempt to installing Azure tools or SDK's, so I don't have any legacy stuff hanging around that I know about.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I do have prior installations of VS 2008 and VS 2010.  But thus far I've done no Azure development.

When I first tried to install VS 2012 with the Azure tools and SDK's via the Web Platform Installer the install process hung at this point:

Stops here

After getting VS 2012 installed without the Azure tools and SDK's I tried to install the Azure Libraries separately (WindowsAzureLibsForNet-x64.msi).  It too hung during the process:

Hanging

Has anyone else had this problem?  What's the location of the log file(s) that can help me determine what the issue is?  I'm anxious to get started.

Hth, I'm experiencing the exact same troubles on exactly the same platform. Did you get an answer to your problem?

Regards,

H

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:19 PM