Powerpivot error on loading the field list RRS feed

Answers

• Actually using the newest features requires that you first uninstall the previous version, and then install the current version. The PowerPivot add-in to Excel cannot be upgraded using a Setup program. Furthermore, you cannot use an older and newer version of the add-in on the same computer. So have you uninstalled the older one? here I would recommend you uninstall both the older and the new Add-in, and then install the  add-in of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010 again. 

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, April 2, 2012 9:53 AM

All replies

• Your workbook might have been saved with the active cell in the pivot table. Sometimes this can cause problems when opening the workbook.
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Could you please translate the error message to English? and give the steps when you have this error message?

Challen Fu

Monday, March 26, 2012 7:22 AM
  • L'objet est actuellement utilisé ailleurs. = "The object is in use elsewhere."

When I open the workbook there's no problem until I actually click on the pivot table and that the "data read" operation starts at the bottom of the screen. The field list appears but the top box doesn't load and the error message appears.

Monday, March 26, 2012 4:46 PM
  • I just realized that I installed the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010 instead of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010. We are on SQL Serve 2008 R2 here... could this be the source of the error ?
    Monday, March 26, 2012 6:27 PM
  • Hi gleblanc262,

If you are using SQL Server 2008 R2, please uninstall the add-in of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010, then install the add-in of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010.

Thanks,

Challen Fu

• Edited by Challen Fu Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:33 AM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Thank you for your help.

It is working on another computer at work that is on Windows 7 and also using add-in of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010 on the same SQL server 2008 R2. We are considering upgrading to win7...

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Have you install SQL 2012 on the Windows7 computer? What's your current OS now? If you are using Windows Server 2008, please install SP2 at least, so I would recommend you follow system requirements in this link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29074

Challen Fu

• Edited by Challen Fu Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:46 AM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:45 AM
  • The computer with the error message is Windows XP SP3, with all .net frameworks installed (including the extended 4.0 and linguistic packs).

The computer that runs fine is on Window 7

Both computers are using the add-in of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Actually using the newest features requires that you first uninstall the previous version, and then install the current version. The PowerPivot add-in to Excel cannot be upgraded using a Setup program. Furthermore, you cannot use an older and newer version of the add-in on the same computer. So have you uninstalled the older one? here I would recommend you uninstall both the older and the new Add-in, and then install the  add-in of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 PowerPivot® for Microsoft® Excel® 2010 again. 

Challen Fu

Monday, April 2, 2012 9:53 AM