Unable to create Visual Studio Package project RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I seem to be having trouble creating Visual Studio Package projects.  During the creation problem, it breaks when trying to load the newly created project into the open Visual Studio with "Enable to read the project file 'VSPackage3.cspro'.  C:\Projects\VSPackage3\VSPackage3\VSPackage3.csproj(2,1): The element <#text> beneth element <Project> is unrecognized."  It is important to note that:

1.  This is VS 2010

2.  VS 2010 SDK is installed

3.  The ViEmu add-in in installed

4.  I am experiencing this on two independat versions of VS 2010.

5.  The only way around is to start VS 2020 in safemode (devenv /safemode) and then create the project

6.  If I open the csproj file in question, it is filled with unresolved tokens (%EditorStart%, %EditorEnd%, %ToolWindowItmeStart%, %MenuItemToolWindowStart%)

Any takers?

Thanks in advance!

Darren

Tuesday, September 7, 2010 1:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Darren,

If it works in safemode than it points to an issue with an installed extension.  Is the ViEmu extension the only one you have installed?  If so, can you try disabling it in the Extension Manager and see if that helps resolve the problem without using /safemode?

Thanks,
    Gearard

• Marked as answer by Darren Brust Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:23 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:36 AM

All replies

• Please try to do the following:

Open the  *.csproj file and see if they have commented(*/) any of the text/block in the file.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:18 PM
  • Other than the BeforeBuild and AfterBuild stuff at the bottom of the csproj file, nothing is commented.  The only issues are the unexpanded tokens.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Hi Darren,

If it works in safemode than it points to an issue with an installed extension.  Is the ViEmu extension the only one you have installed?  If so, can you try disabling it in the Extension Manager and see if that helps resolve the problem without using /safemode?

Thanks,
    Gearard

• Marked as answer by Darren Brust Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:23 AM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:36 AM