Filter SharePoint repeating table and set field and button properties RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sharepoint repeating table on my form which I am conditionally filtering to show only the row value where the (@name = name, @start date < start date, and @end date > end date) of another view to determine if the name being submitted has an existing entry between the start and end date in the sharepoint list.

This should be the case, what I need to do is Hide the submit button if the criteria dont match and update a field to say "Not a valid entry".

Any help would be most appreciated as I have been struggling with this for days.

One point I must make is this needs to be a code free soloution as I can not get the forms admin approved and they need to be run from SharePoint 2007 with Infopath 2007.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:32 PM

All replies

• Have you tried using the "contains" comparator in your Formatting Rule?

For example, if the text box in the form's main data source where the user has typed the Event Name is named is named EventName, and the field in the SharePoint data connection is called SPEventName, write the condition as:
      IF
      SPEventName contains EventName
      THEN
      Disable Control

Thank you, Ricky Spears Managing Director - Training Division, SharePoint Solutions http://www.SharePointSolutions.com

Monday, October 15, 2012 1:10 AM