Configuring a time-out for the LOCK (WEBDAV) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

is it possible to configure a timeout value for the lock for any of the Office apps (Word, Excel, Power Point) when they are used as WebDAV clients?

I am experiencing problems with locked files on the web site which are shared (used) trough WebDAV. In order to acquire write privileges for the file lock is required (no problem there), but if (for some reason) application which opened file crashes then the file remain locked until site is restarted (recycled).

I have already searched for the server based solution and found that there is no option to configure/override lock expiration time on the web site.

Question is simple, is it possible to change/force timeout value for lock on the client side for office apps and if it is - how?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:40 PM

Answers

• Hello recineshto,

Thanks for posting. This is a forum for programmers. As far as I see, this is not the right place to post your request. Your question is little related to office development, more a WebDav issue. So I recommend you try to ask in Exchange server forum. For this forum, please go to Forums Home, and you will find an entry link.

By research a little on this topic, I also find a lot of questions about WebDav posted in ASP.NET forum. So I think this forum may be also helpful for you: http://forums.asp.net/.

If you have any concern on this issue, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice weekend.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, February 7, 2011 10:20 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hello recineshto,

Thanks for posting. This is a forum for programmers. As far as I see, this is not the right place to post your request. Your question is little related to office development, more a WebDav issue. So I recommend you try to ask in Exchange server forum. For this forum, please go to Forums Home, and you will find an entry link.

By research a little on this topic, I also find a lot of questions about WebDav posted in ASP.NET forum. So I think this forum may be also helpful for you: http://forums.asp.net/.

If you have any concern on this issue, just feel free to follow up. Have a nice weekend.

Bessie Zhao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by Bessie Zhao Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bessie Zhao Monday, February 7, 2011 10:20 AM
    Friday, January 28, 2011 7:12 AM
  • Hello Bessie Zhao,

thank you for your response, I have posted question, related to this one, to find most appropriate forum for it.

Actually the ASP.NET may not be the best place for it due to the fact that I am needing answer to for the configuration of the Word application (office product) in scenarios when it is used as WebDAV client. Already I have made queries and got some answers how the Web server will respond; so now I need some answers for the client.

I believed that this forum somehow was the closest match to audience which may help me to solve the problem.

I will search the proposed forum anyway.

Thank you again and have a nice weekend to.

Kind Regards.

Friday, January 28, 2011 8:37 AM