none
How can i Automate Reports Testing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working for MS Sales. Every day I have to refresh various excel reports and validate the data. There are thousands of records I have to verify every day. It is consuming a huge time to validate all the data across different excel reports with number of filters. For validation, I have to change the filters and need validate against different combination of filters. This process is tedious and time consuming. Can anyone suggest me  that how can I automate this process to reduce the effort or any Test Automation Tool is available to automate the scenarios.

Below I have written a sample scenarios:

sample scenarios:

There are two excel reports.     1. FOR (Forecast Operational Report)

2. FD (Forecast Dashboard).

In FD, choose ‘Area Name’ is Canada and Snapshot as ’Current ‘and click apply filter. 

The report will get refresh and latest data will be displayed as below.

In FOR, choose ‘Area Name’ is Canada and ‘Previous Forecast Month’ as March, 2011 and click ‘’Apply Filter’’. FOR report will get refresh and data will be displayed as follows.

We need to validate the data in both the reports with same ‘Commitment Level’ (i.e. Committed) and same sales stage(i.e. Prospect, Develop, Qualify etc.). Data should be match in both the reports. The two report has to be compared across different scenarios like Commitment level, Rev Sum Division and BPL (Pricing Levels) . These parameters should be changed in the FOR report and values should be compare with FD.

Please help me on this.

Thanks and Regards

Amarendra Sahoo

Monday, March 21, 2011 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi amar1982,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you clarify whether you will create another workbook to put the data which you filter from those two workbooks together? I can see the filter action in your scenarios, but I’m not able to see you goal.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:01 AM