none
How Many Instances my Web App is Running Right Now? RRS feed

• Question

• From @borlip via Twitter:

"Interestingly, PowerShell doesn't event return a number of instances: Get-AzureRmWebApp -Name 'AppName'"

Documentation provided: aka.ms/d11406702

"This is using the old (classic) PowerShell commandlets. It's outdated. Now you are meant to use Get-AzureRmWebApp. But turns out the new stuff is half baked... This probably you can't really see a number of instances on new portal.

Disregarding scale, I want to know how many instances my webapp is running at the moment, ie what am I paying for."

Thank you,

@AzureSupport

Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:26 AM

All replies

• You can get this by looking at the currentNumberOfWorkers on the serverFarm (aka App Service Plan). You can see this easily in https://resources.azure.com/. Find your Resource Group, and click on the relevant server farm in there.

Note that the billing is always based on App Service Plans and not on Web Apps.

Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:55 AM
  • Thanks, David! I found what I was after.

But I still wonder why it's missing in the new Azure PS <g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="8" id="8">commandlets</g>. Also, the portal is very obscure....

• Edited by bozza Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:24 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:14 AM