How Many Instances my Web App is Running Right Now? RRS feed

• Question

• From @borlip via Twitter:

"Interestingly, PowerShell doesn't event return a number of instances: Get-AzureRmWebApp -Name 'AppName'"

Documentation provided: aka.ms/d11406702

"This is using the old (classic) PowerShell commandlets. It's outdated. Now you are meant to use Get-AzureRmWebApp. But turns out the new stuff is half baked... This probably you can't really see a number of instances on new portal.

Disregarding scale, I want to know how many instances my webapp is running at the moment, ie what am I paying for."

Thank you,

@AzureSupport

Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:26 AM

All replies

• You can get this by looking at the currentNumberOfWorkers on the serverFarm (aka App Service Plan). You can see this easily in https://resources.azure.com/. Find your Resource Group, and click on the relevant server farm in there.

Note that the billing is always based on App Service Plans and not on Web Apps.

• Proposed as answer by David Ebbo Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:55 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:55 AM
  • Thanks, David! I found what I was after.

But I still wonder why it's missing in the new Azure PS <g class="gr_ gr_8 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="8" id="8">commandlets</g>. Also, the portal is very obscure....

• Edited by bozza Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:24 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:14 AM