TimeZone = Central Standard Time
    Initial LCID = 1033
    Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
    Operation: Installing
    Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup
    Package Version = 4.0.30319
    User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
    Number of applicable items: 9
    Exe (C:\d027c3bc9a9081cb9b\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
    Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    ServiceControl operation succeeded!
    Exe (C:\Users\Jymi\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Setup_4.0.30319\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0xc8000222 - (null).
    Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0xC8000222) (Elapsed time: 0 00:06:33).

Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• From your log, I notice two things:

SP1 for Windows 7 is not installed. I strongly suggest that you patch your OS up to date before making more install attempts.

You appear to be using the web installer.

Please try these steps after updating your OS:

Follow ALL these steps exactly:

Before trying to install .NET Framework 4.0, execute this command from an ELEVATED Command Prompt provided by the .NET Framework Team:

"This issue is likely caused by a bad ACL on assembly\tmp folder. After installing updates, the ACL propagates to installed assembly folders in both 4.0 & legacy GAC.  If those updates were installed by WU or another user, the propagated ACL will prevent install of the same assembly by the current user.

A work around would be to reset the ACL on GAC dirs.

for /F %D in ('dir %WINDIR%\assembly %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\assembly /s /b /a:d') do takeown /F %D && icacls %D /reset /T"

After running that command, follow these steps:

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1. Download a fresh copy of the standalone installer for .NET Framework 4.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

2. Also, clear your %temp% directory and disable your AV software.

The %temp% directory is a reference to the Temp folder associated with the current user. To clear it, do the following:

Sign on to your system with the Administrator user account you will use to run the installer. Click the Start Orb and type %temp% in the search box. The search results will show the Temp folder you want. Click on the Temp folder to open it in Windows Explorer, then delete the entire contents.

3. Run the standalone installer from step 1 As Administrator.

Note: Just using an administrator account is NOT enough. To activate full privileges, you must right-click the installer, then select Run as administrator.

If the install fails, provide complete install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:25 PM
  • My updater doesn't seem to be working. Where can I get SP1?
    Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:26 PM
  • Hi JymiReyes,

Patched your OS is required when installing .Net 4.

Your error 0xC8000222 always means you have update error needs to be fixed.

Please open a new thread on the following forum to solve your update issue first:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_update

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:08 AM
  • Here is the download:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

However, when you revealed that your system has Windows Update issues, fixing that should be your first priority. Please follow Barry Wang's advice before trying to install anything.

Monday, December 31, 2012 2:38 PM
  • This is my sky drive link please help me out

I Cant install Microsoft net framework 4

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B459E21ADEB42C94&id=B459E21ADEB42C94!105#cid=B459E21ADEB42C94&id=B459E21ADEB42C94!105

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:03 AM
  • 1. When you post a new problem in these forums, PLEASE start a new thread! Adding your post to an already answered thread ensures that very few readers will even see your post.

2. Your vslogs.cab does not include a .NET Framework 4.0 install log, so you'll need to start over.

Follow the steps below.

Make sure your OS is patched up to date. If you have Windows 7, is Service Pack 1 installed? If not, you need to do that first.

Follow ALL these steps exactly:

Before trying to install .NET Framework 4.0, execute this command from an ELEVATED Command Prompt provided by the .NET Framework Team:

"This issue is likely caused by a bad ACL on assembly\tmp folder. After installing updates, the ACL propagates to installed assembly folders in both 4.0 & legacy GAC.  If those updates were installed by WU or another user, the propagated ACL will prevent install of the same assembly by the current user.

A work around would be to reset the ACL on GAC dirs.

for /F %D in ('dir %WINDIR%\assembly %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\assembly /s /b /a:d') do takeown /F %D && icacls %D /reset /T"

After running that command, follow these steps:

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1. Download a fresh copy of the standalone installer for .NET Framework 4.0:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718

2. Also, clear your %temp% directory and disable your AV software.

The %temp% directory is a reference to the Temp folder associated with the current user. To clear it, do the following:

Sign on to your system with the Administrator user account you will use to run the installer. Click the Start Orb and type %temp% in the search box. The search results will show the Temp folder you want. Click on the Temp folder to open it in Windows Explorer, then delete the entire contents.

3. Run the standalone installer from step 1 As Administrator.

Note: Just using an administrator account is NOT enough. To activate full privileges, you must right-click the installer, then select Run as administrator.

If the install fails, provide complete install logs as follows:

Please collect your install logs with this:

http://aka.ms/vscollect

After you run Collect.exe, you'll find vslogs.cab in your %temp% directory. Please upload vslogs.cab to a public site, like SkyDrive, and post the link here.

Friday, May 24, 2013 12:42 PM