Approval Workflow - Assign task to a SharePoint Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created a oob approval workflow and upon requirement, need to assign the task to a group of people, so created a SharePoint group under that site and selected this group under approvers. Selected assign single task to each group entered (do not expand groups) as this is what I need exactly. One person in that group is going to approve the task and the remaining members will work as backups that means for some reason the first person is not available for approval any one from the rest of the group will claim the task. When I test this, SharePoint is sending the first email stating workflow has been started and then another mail with the task to approve and the final email saying workflow is completed after completion of all tasks. These 3 emails are expected until now, but sharepoint is also sending two more additional emails even after completion of the task saying 'Task has been changed' to all the members in the group, these two are not needed in any way as workflow has already been finished. Not sure why these additional email alerts are triggering. Users will be annoyed to see all these unnecessary alerts if this is how it works.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:29 AM

Answers

All replies