none
Help needed for error in DataTable.Select call RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting following error when I fire select call on the datatable. I have verified the select call and all the parameters are correct. Moreover error does not happen all the times, but we have seen it enough times. At least one server behind the load balancer goes down with this error every other day. Normally (not always) rebooting the server solves the problem.

I saw another thread about similar problem about multi threaded writes on this site. This is not the case for me. The data cache is build only once and then as web pages need the data they fire the select call based on the parameters obtained from the browser. I can sometimes reproduce the problem on my local server where I know only I am accessing the data and no other requests are coming thru.

Using .NET 2.0. Servers are Windows 2003, IIS6 and Windows XP with IIS 5.1

System.ArgumentException: Min (4838) must be less than or equal to max (-1) in a Range object.

at System.Data.Select.GetBinaryFilteredRecords()

at System.Data.Select.SelectRows()

at System.Data.DataTable.Select(String filterExpression)

Thanks for any help.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:08 PM

All replies

• I would suggest to put some sort of logging into your code and try to catch filterExpression string value application passes to Select method. Then you could post this filter string here. Without seeing filter string it is hard to identify actual problem

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:56 AM