Report viewer export to excel RRS feed

• Question

• User-515898492 posted

hi all,

i have done one small report viewer page i simply use RDLC file to bind the data from database..in this there is one columns for photo to display the images..all the data are disply very well include images also,when i export the report to excel format its downloading,but when i open the excel file its showing below error

File error : Data may have been Lost..

finally the image column only not displaying.. if anybody have a idea please reply me..

i have tried all the possible but i didn't got the solution..

Thank You,

Arunabathan.G

Thursday, October 14, 2010 10:17 AM

Answers

• User1471008070 posted

Hi arunabathan,

I try to reproduce this error, but could not reproduce it, in my local environment, I add an image control to the report body, set the datafield’s name to its value. To source/MIME type properties , whose value is Database/ image format. Then the result is fine, since the report could display very well in your environment, I think the root cause is relevant to the picture, if you have the picture file, you could display it in embeded model to see whether it works fine.  If it still have the error message, you could please sent your RDLC file to sqltnsp AT microsoft DOT com, With the beginning “hi Challen” .To reproduce your issue, I hope you could also attach relevant datasource for me in the email and describe some details about the report. Once I receive your email, I will give you a feedback as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:28 AM

All replies

• User-1901458049 posted

Hey im new to this could u please tell me this

ive got a table and any updated to this is captured in a new table2.

all I need to do is to generate any update's made (which is captured in table 2 ) to report using  excel.

how do i do this.

i only need to show the updates in the excel .

thanks for the help. 

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:07 AM
  • User1471008070 posted

Hi arunabathan,

I try to reproduce this error, but could not reproduce it, in my local environment, I add an image control to the report body, set the datafield’s name to its value. To source/MIME type properties , whose value is Database/ image format. Then the result is fine, since the report could display very well in your environment, I think the root cause is relevant to the picture, if you have the picture file, you could display it in embeded model to see whether it works fine.  If it still have the error message, you could please sent your RDLC file to sqltnsp AT microsoft DOT com, With the beginning “hi Challen” .To reproduce your issue, I hope you could also attach relevant datasource for me in the email and describe some details about the report. Once I receive your email, I will give you a feedback as soon as possible. 

Regards,

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:28 AM
  • User1974942013 posted

Hi Challen,

I also have the same problem, could you post the solution?

thanks,

Jingchen

Friday, November 11, 2011 10:18 PM
  • User-1361621602 posted
    I was facing similar issue where I changed embedded images into external images. In this change some of the images Bit depth property remain as 32 (Click on <image> Property -> Details tab).

I changed it Bit depth to 24 by using imagemagick utility (http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php).

I used "convert -depth 24 oldimage.bmp newimage.bmp" command to change Bit depth property.

And this solve my problem.

Cool

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:06 AM