none
Add a special Excel Worksheet as a template in Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While a VBA AddIn does allow to include a custom style worksheet in the same, so as to be used as a template, wherever required, any similar way while developing an Excel AddIn in Visual Studio 2010 or 2013? Want to include a custom designed worksheet in an Excel AddIn Solution in VS so as to be added for usage whenever and wherever required.

Please see if you can provide a walkthrough in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards, Faraz A Qureshi

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 1:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Faraz A Qureshi,

Visual Studio provides project templates you can use to create document-level customizations and application-level add-ins for Microsoft Office Excel. You can use these solutions to automate Excel, extend Excel features, and customize the Excel user interface (UI). For more information about the differences between document-level customizations and application-level add-ins, see Office Solutions Development Overview.

Also you can get more detail about Excel solutlion from link below:
    Excel Solutions

>>A simple sample as requested earlier shall be helpful. While adding an item to the solution I don't find a worksheet. Please see if you could help in elaborating the sample a little more in shape of a simple walkthrough.

Have a template of a worksheet of a Repayment Schedule for whcih upon clicking of a button on ribbon on a customary tab on Excel I want to ask a few questions via input box or a Userform and insert the said info provided in the said sheet and be added to the activebook<<

And based on the description, I suggest that you create a document level customization. And you can get more detail about Office project template from the followed link:
    Office Project Templates Overview

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by FARAZ A QURESHI Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:45 AM

All replies

• Hello Faraz,

You are free to include Excel file templates to the add-in installer. Thus, you will be able to access a template in the add-in installation folder wherever it is required.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 3:34 PM
  • Thanx Eugene!

A simple sample as requested earlier shall be helpful. While adding an item to the solution I don't find a worksheet. Please see if you could help in elaborating the sample a little more in shape of a simple walkthrough.

Have a template of a worksheet of a Repayment Schedule for whcih upon clicking of a button on ribbon on a customary tab on Excel I want to ask a few questions via input box or a Userform and insert the said info provided in the said sheet and be added to the activebook.

Don't know how to add and thereafter refer to a worksheet included in the solution.

Please help.

Thanx again.

Best Regards, Faraz A Qureshi

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 5:59 PM
  • Hi Faraz A Qureshi,

Visual Studio provides project templates you can use to create document-level customizations and application-level add-ins for Microsoft Office Excel. You can use these solutions to automate Excel, extend Excel features, and customize the Excel user interface (UI). For more information about the differences between document-level customizations and application-level add-ins, see Office Solutions Development Overview.

Also you can get more detail about Excel solutlion from link below:
    Excel Solutions

>>A simple sample as requested earlier shall be helpful. While adding an item to the solution I don't find a worksheet. Please see if you could help in elaborating the sample a little more in shape of a simple walkthrough.

Have a template of a worksheet of a Repayment Schedule for whcih upon clicking of a button on ribbon on a customary tab on Excel I want to ask a few questions via input box or a Userform and insert the said info provided in the said sheet and be added to the activebook<<

And based on the description, I suggest that you create a document level customization. And you can get more detail about Office project template from the followed link:
    Office Project Templates Overview

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by FARAZ A QURESHI Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:45 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 10:45 AM