HRESULT:0x800700B6

Question

• Hi,

I have a Win32 Dll which I rebuilt using VS12. I created a component Metro Dll as a shim to be able to use this Dll. When I start the App which loads the component Dll which in turn tries to load the Win32 Dll, I get a COM exception HRESULT:0x800700B6. Is this error about missing Dll's? The problem is that the debugger doesn't seem to give any relevant information as to what it is that is missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find this out other than using Depends?

Thanks.

Monday, July 16, 2012 9:39 PM

Answers

• You can look up error descriptions from the number in VS from the Tools.Error Lookup menu.

Enable loader snaps to help debug executable and DLL loading issues. This will give the relevant information about what is being looked for, found, and not found.

--Rob

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:05 AM
    Owner
  • Make sure you used the build architecture of gflags that matches your binary to enable loader snaps for your executable image. 

David Lamb

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:18 PM

All replies

• You can look up error descriptions from the number in VS from the Tools.Error Lookup menu.

Enable loader snaps to help debug executable and DLL loading issues. This will give the relevant information about what is being looked for, found, and not found.

--Rob

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:05 AM
    Owner
  • I added the image path to gflags.exe and set it to show loader snaps. However, I do not see any additional information in the Output window under VS12. Is there anything else I would need to do?

Thanks.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 12:57 AM
  • Make sure you used the build architecture of gflags that matches your binary to enable loader snaps for your executable image. 

David Lamb

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:18 PM