metro apps that needs an internet connection doesn't work

Question

• when i install k9 web protection even if i leave every site open metro apps can't connect to the internet 
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 11:08 AM

Answers

• Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought it was an antivirus and didn't go to their website.

Since this is a PreBeta Software intended to be a preview of the operating system, not all sofware may work on the Windows Developer Preview.
    You can try and install it in Compatibility mode to see if that will help.
    Otherwise, you will need to contact K9 Web Protection support and see if they have an updated version that will run on Windows Developer Preview.

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hi So you say,

It is preferred that the only anti-virus/web protection installed be logo certified for the specific OS it is being installed on.  I do not think K9 is logo certified for Windows Developer Preview but you'll want to confirm that with them.

Thanks,

Sean

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:39 PM
    Answerer
  • i don't have an alternative to k9 so i want to try to figure it out if someone can help me
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Windows Developer Preview comes preinstalled with Windows Defender which provides real-time protection from all forms of malware, including worms, viruses, Trojans and more.  It is the same engine used by Microsoft Security Essentials and Forefront Endpoint Protection.

You can still use 3rd party anti-virus protection as long as it is certified to work on Windows Developer Preview.  In the meantime, Windows Defender will protect your system.

You might want to look at the following blog about protecting you against malware.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/09/15/protecting-you-from-malware.aspx

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:28 PM
  • k9 web protection is a Internet filter and parental control software not an anti virus
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Sorry about the misunderstanding. I thought it was an antivirus and didn't go to their website.

Since this is a PreBeta Software intended to be a preview of the operating system, not all sofware may work on the Windows Developer Preview.
    You can try and install it in Compatibility mode to see if that will help.
    Otherwise, you will need to contact K9 Web Protection support and see if they have an updated version that will run on Windows Developer Preview.

Sincerely,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:47 PM