potential security risk: predictive text aids in filling in my hotmail credentials (both username and password) when connecting to www.mesh.com from my windows mobile 6.5 device RRS feed

• General discussion

• just letting you know as I began typing my user name on the login to www.mesh.com it finished my hotmail email address after typing 2 characters and my password after typing 2 characters.  The t9 predictive texting icon was displayed in the upper right of Internet Explorer upon entering these credential fields.
    • Changed type ZHE ZHAO Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:06 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:23 PM

All replies

• That's an intrinsic security risk of a lot of autocomplete systems. If you'd like to make a suggestion on how to improve that you may want to post it in the "Windows Phone Suggestion Box" forum. The forum in which you've placed this question is for developers looking for help with Windows Mobile software development.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:09 PM
  • That's an intrinsic security risk of a lot of autocomplete systems.
    but most don't show you the password in plain text.  ie- problematic as this is inherent in Windows Mobile IE

If you'd like to make a suggestion on how to improve that you may want to post it in the "Windows Phone Suggestion Box " forum. The forum in which you've placed this question is for developers looking for help with Windows Mobile software development.
    will do.  finding the proper place to send in issues is a needle in the haystack sometimes.  thanks for steering me there
    Friday, January 15, 2010 2:12 AM