My win 8 app crashes at app store, but do not crash any other place RRS feed

• Question

• I have uploaded my app to the Windows Store several times. They say it crashes with every feature they tap on.

I have check my app with several machines, several people using it and several technicians. And my app never crashes.

How can I know what is the problem?

I need someone to help me with this.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:24 PM

Answers

• At last I found the processors and I submitted for x86 but it was not the problem.

I think I found my problem. It is my mistake. I forgot to delete this instruction in the method where I have the options for the app.

LicenseInformation licenseInformation = CurrentAppSimulator.LicenseInformation;

I was trying to have adds, but I couldn't make them work, so I deleted everything but that line. :(

I am sending it again to the store, and I will let you know if it passes, but I am pretty sure it will.

Thanks a lot!!

• Marked as answer by Lina Manjarres Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:19 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Lina Manjarres,

If you look to your Developer Dashboard and reports for your App, does it have any crash reports

Thanks

• Proposed as answer by mark_1h Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:13 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:54 PM
  • Lina,

Have you marked it for distribution on the ARM platform?  It is possible that since you probably don't have the hardware you wouldn't be able to test that platform, and they are finding a bug on a different platform.

Another thing which I found interesting is that running through the VS debugger caused my app to have different behavior than running the app through the Start screen (even on a release build).  That doesn't sound like that would be the problem, but it could be.

Thanks,

Ben

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 11:59 PM
  • Hi Lina Manjarres,

If you look to your Developer Dashboard and reports for your App, does it have any crash reports

Thanks

Yes, I have a  report that crashes tapping any of the tails at the very beginning.

My problem is that I have tested the app in several machines including tablets and with people who is not techs at all. It nerver crashes.

So, I am thinking about the Multilingual tool kit. Is it possible that Microsoft do not use it in their labs? I think it is the only thing I am using that didn't come with VS2012.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Lina,

Have you marked it for distribution on the ARM platform?  It is possible that since you probably don't have the hardware you wouldn't be able to test that platform, and they are finding a bug on a different platform.

Another thing which I found interesting is that running through the VS debugger caused my app to have different behavior than running the app through the Start screen (even on a release build).  That doesn't sound like that would be the problem, but it could be.

Thanks,

Ben

I have tested on several machines, even tablets. I do not know what do you mean with: "Have you marked it for distribution on the ARM platform?".

And I have tested directly from the Start screen . More over I have tested installing from the package I submit to the store.

Thanks a lot for your time

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 12:05 PM
  • If you look in the file appxmanifest.xml, what is the value of ProcessorArchitecture?

If it is "neutral" that means it can run across all windows device architectures: x86, x64 and ARM.  Which means the manual testers will test against all architectures.  If you don't have an ARM device to test with, you might consider changing this to x86.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:46 PM
  • Oops! mine does not have ProcessorArchitecture :( Am I missing something?
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:58 PM
  • Yes, It does

Your app doesn't meet requirement 3.2.                                                            

Commons reasons why apps fail this requirement:    

•           The app crashes on launch.        
    •           The app crashes randomly or repeatedly.        
    •           The app freezes and the user has to close and restart the app.        
    •           The app requires a Windows component library that the Windows Store doesn't support. To avoid this, make sure your development tools are up-to-date.

Lina

Monday, September 24, 2012 6:28 PM
  • At last I found the processors and I submitted for x86 but it was not the problem.

I think I found my problem. It is my mistake. I forgot to delete this instruction in the method where I have the options for the app.

LicenseInformation licenseInformation = CurrentAppSimulator.LicenseInformation;

I was trying to have adds, but I couldn't make them work, so I deleted everything but that line. :(

I am sending it again to the store, and I will let you know if it passes, but I am pretty sure it will.

Thanks a lot!!

• Marked as answer by Lina Manjarres Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:19 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:19 PM