none
query for attached documents in Project server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• So we can attach documents to tasks in the project webspace. Great. How can I pull a list of file names that are attached to each task? If they are hyperlinked, that's no problem. The hyperlink is in MSP_Tasks...but these attached sharepoint documents...how is the link between document and task stored? can the filename ever be found again if I have a taskId in my hand?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 5:58 PM

Answers

• Hi famousnate,

Just answered the other thread - so copying here too.

You can edit the properties of any list item, document, issue or risk, in a Project Workspace (or Site to use the 2010 terminology) and link to a task, and this task can be the same one.  The hyperlink in Project Center will then take you to the library. 

If you wanted a list of the documents linked to a project or task then you can use the PSI web service ObjectLinkProvider.  There is a ReadProjectWebObjects method, which can also bring back objects linked to tasks - and also a ReadTaskLinkedWebObjects method.  See the SDK at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcobjectlinkprovider.aspx.  I have referenced the 2010 version, but I don't think much has changed if you happen to be using 2007.  You could also use the reporting database for issue, risk and deliverables information - but not documents.

Let me know if you need more details.

Best regards,

Brian.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, September 3, 2010 7:43 PM
    Owner