none
Test Agent License RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have tests that run with Test Explorer / VSTest.Console.exe on the local machine. We would like to have the test running on VMs.  I am trying to find out if I can copy VSTest.Console.exe, and its deplendencies, over to the VMs or if I will need to purchase a copy of VS for each VM. I know that Test Agent install VSTest.Console. My question is: i need a specific license for installing and running the Test Agent on virtual machine? Or its free for who have Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise.
    Monday, December 26, 2016 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Tatiana C Rocha,

>>My question is: i need a specific license for installing and running the Test Agent on virtual machine? Or its free for who have Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise.

According to your description, copy the contents from the VS2015 Enterprise is a not realistic way. You could download a VS Test agent for VS2013 Update 5, after you installed Test Agent, we could find the vstest.console.exe with the following screenshot:

And you could use vstest.console.exe and mstest to run your test.

Here is the download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40750

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Tatiana C Rocha,

>>My question is: i need a specific license for installing and running the Test Agent on virtual machine? Or its free for who have Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise.

According to your description, copy the contents from the VS2015 Enterprise is a not realistic way. You could download a VS Test agent for VS2013 Update 5, after you installed Test Agent, we could find the vstest.console.exe with the following screenshot:

And you could use vstest.console.exe and mstest to run your test.

Here is the download link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40750

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:37 AM
  • Hi Tatiana C Rocha,

In my other computer, I have installed Test Agent for about one year, and so far it has not reminded me to pay for it.

Please use it with safety.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:06 AM