none
Connecting target to development machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am new to WinCE development. The device is Kontron's pITX. I have VS2005 and PlatformBuilder on development machine. I am trying to connect over cross-over ethernet cable. If I understand correctly I must boot device to DOS and use LoadCEPC.exe to be able to conect and that I will be able to load OS and develop apps from Visual Studio. I formated USB key and made it bootable in OS, than loaded all files from ..\WINCE600\PLATFORM\CEPC\SRC\BOOTLOADER\DOS\BOOTDISK.

The problem is I am getting error: Unable to control A20 line. XMS Driver not installed. and than warning that high memory area (HMA) is not available...

I extracted the dos files from cepcboot.144.

Thanks for any advice... Bojan

Edit: When I used the command.com and himem.sys from winXP, i get the warning: invalid parameter ignored: /TESTMEM:OFF, and than it stops and nothing happenes...

Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:02 AM

All replies

• I created a 3.5" boot floppy for CEPC by running C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform Builder\6.00\cepb\utilities\MakeImageDisk.exe

I don't know if this will work on a USB drive.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 5:59 PM
  • You need the himen.sys from the same OS.Follow the tip from Gary and create a boot disk which contains all you need with DOS 6.

Do not forget to fix the IPs addresses.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 6:52 PM