none
Standards for ISA6 Partner ID? RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone tell me the standards for creating your own ISA6 Partner ID?  Does a company just pull a value out of the air and make it their own, or is there some type of recommended formula?  I've been searching for a half hour and I haven't found a standard other than Alphanumeric, 15 characters, and unique.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:59 PM

Answers

• The EDI VAN usually coordinates this but there are sometimes some mitigating factors that narrow down the options. Based on ISA05, some industries basically have a registry of the ISA06 values. If you are not in one of these specific industries, it is more open.

When I implemented an EDI VAN solution, the VAN used the phone number of the company because this is usually specific to the organization anyway and it fits in the ISA06 field.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nate Jacobs Monday, December 21, 2009 4:20 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:44 AM

All replies

• The EDI VAN usually coordinates this but there are sometimes some mitigating factors that narrow down the options. Based on ISA05, some industries basically have a registry of the ISA06 values. If you are not in one of these specific industries, it is more open.

When I implemented an EDI VAN solution, the VAN used the phone number of the company because this is usually specific to the organization anyway and it fits in the ISA06 field.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Nate Jacobs Monday, December 21, 2009 4:20 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:44 AM
  • Thank You, Ben
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:20 PM