issues with screen mirroring on windows 8.1 tablet

Question

• I am trying to implement screen mirroring onTV using a wifi dongle for windows 8.1 tablet. I used the projectionmanager class provided by microsoft, but for some reason its not able to detect the secondary display. Following is the code:
     bool available = ProjectionManager.ProjectionDisplayAvailable;

ProjectionManager.ProjectionDisplayAvailableChanged += (s, e) =>
     {
           available = ProjectionManager.ProjectionDisplayAvailable;
     };

int thisviewid = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView().Id;
     // CoreDispatcher preseDispatcher= await ((App)App.Current).CreateNewView;
     ApplicationView appView = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView();

CoreApplicationView view = CoreApplication.CreateNewView();
     ApplicationView newAppView = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView();
     await view.Dispatcher.RunAsync(CoreDispatcherPriority.Normal,() =>
          {
              Window newWindow = Window.Current;

var rootframe = new Frame();
              rootframe.Navigate(typeof(Projection),null);
              Window.Current.Content = rootframe;
          }
     ); 
     await ProjectionManager.StartProjectingAsync(newAppView.Id, appView.Id);

when I debugged the code, the ProjectionsDisplayAvailable value remains false. Not sure how to proceed on the same or make this working. notably if I use the built in device option the ProjectionManager.ProjectionDisplayAvailable value gets changed to true. Not sure what is going wrong. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:24 AM

Answers

• Try this link:

http://aka.ms/storesupport

Click on "Start request" at the bottom.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:44 PM

All replies

• Does the dongle work outside of Store apps? Have you checked with the manufacturer that the dongle is compatible with Store apps?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:23 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. Yes the dongle does work correctly if I use the default fucntionality provided by Microsoft in the windows 8.1 (through devices and all). Notably if I use this default option, then in that case the ProjectionManagerDispalyEventChanged value becomes true, but if I try through my app using the above code it always remains false. If you want I can attach my entire file code over here.

• Edited by nimcurry Monday, December 01, 2014 6:12 AM
    Monday, December 01, 2014 6:10 AM
  • I'd love to help but I don't have access to the dongle. You could open a support case and provide a dongle to the engineer for debugging.

Monday, December 01, 2014 5:35 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Thanks, for your quick response. Can you provide me the link to open a support case. I was checking on the link of "Contact MSDN support", but seems to me it talks about some subscription level. Not sure if I am looking at the correct link. Following is the same:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-nz/subscriptions/bb266240.aspx

Thanks,

Nimish

Monday, December 01, 2014 6:48 PM
  • Try this link:

http://aka.ms/storesupport

Click on "Start request" at the bottom.

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 2:44 PM
  • Hi Matt,

So just to confirm, this support is a paid support right?

Thanks,

Nimish

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:10 PM