Deployment issue - External assembly referenced by BTS orchestration RRS feed

Answers

• If you add the assembly as a dependency from the resource node of the BizTalk application and then export your MSI your MSI would install the dependent assemblies and the import will not fail.

The best practice is to add the dependent assemblies as a resource and export the MSI. Then import the MSI to another server.

Abdul Rafay - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/
    Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 2:50 PM

All replies

• If you add the assembly as a dependency from the resource node of the BizTalk application and then export your MSI your MSI would install the dependent assemblies and the import will not fail.

The best practice is to add the dependent assemblies as a resource and export the MSI. Then import the MSI to another server.

Abdul Rafay - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/
    Please mark this as answer if it helps.
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 2:50 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Sure, if yu add the assembly as resource deployment will not fail. But in my scenario, I have somebody who handed mean msi and I need it to run it first, then import it. This means that application is not created, importing the msi should create the application. It is here where failure is happening but not when I deployed from VS.I Application is working fine even without adding the assembly as resource in my BTS application.
    Somy initial question was why this difference in behavior and app is running without the need to add the dll in resources.

Regards
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:15 PM
  • Ok thanks. I understood and know most of these methods. In both articles, I don't see how to do it when application is not created in BTS. The problem arised when I ran the MSI on BTS machine, then tried to import it without creati ng the application inadvance in BTS admin console. This is my point.

regards
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 7:58 PM
  • Ok thanks. I understood and know most of these methods. In both articles, I don't see how to do it when application is not created in BTS. The problem arised when I ran the MSI on BTS machine, then tried to import it without creati ng the application inadvance in BTS admin console. This is my point.

regards

Are you absolutely sure it is the right DL you have in the GAC prior to running the MSI file?

eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
    Three times MVP and three times MCTS in BizTalk.
    Blog: http://blog.eliasen.dk
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 9:22 PM
  • HI, 

I am facing the exact same issue. I uninstalled the application. Deleted the assemblies from GAC and now after I install the msi, I am unable to import it using Biztalk Admin console. It gives me the above error everytime. Can you please help me how to do it with VS, as I am an Admin and do not have access to VS. 

Regards. 

Monday, September 17, 2018 5:11 AM