Database RRS feed

• Question

• i want to make website + android app but i am facing a new problem as a beginner student that which database i should use to sync data in both website and android app. As i seen in google drive that no matter from where you upload file from  website or from android but the data will be available to both. The main thing is that i have to make accounts for every user. So how it possible to hide 1 user data from others. So how it can be possible.

If anyone can help which database i should use. i will be thankful because i am working on college`s project.

• Edited by Nomii123 Monday, September 11, 2017 10:26 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Nomiii123 

If you want a database for your website and app. You will need a sql database in the cloud (for examaple azure) and a webapi then shares the data from your sql database to your app and website. 

You will create a rest service: 

see link :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/tutorials/first-web-api

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service-web/web-sites-dotnet-rest-service-aspnet-api-sql-database

To get the data you will need to do calls the webapi. 

Kind regards

Laurens

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by laurens vdb Monday, September 11, 2017 11:47 AM
    • Proposed as answer by laurens vdb Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:37 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 11:45 AM
  • thank you for your kind information. But is it same for android app ? can i follow the same procedure for android ?
    Monday, September 11, 2017 12:54 PM
  • Ofcourse , 

from your android app you can do a call to the rest service. 
    So your client user will have the app and the will do a call to the rest service and the rest services gets the data that is stored in the database. 

Kind regards

Laurens

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by laurens vdb Monday, September 11, 2017 1:14 PM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 1:00 PM
  • thank you so very much
    Monday, September 11, 2017 1:13 PM
  • you welcome :)

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:16 PM