PowerPivot VPN RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have created a ODATA connection to a Power Pivot in an Excel spreadsheet in my office.

Now, from my home, I try to connect (through VPN) to that same ODATA feed but get an error:

Remote Server Error: (401) Not authorized

But if I use a local ODATA feed, it works perfectly.

I tried to make the same connection, but directly from Excel 2016, in this case I have the chance to use different credentials than the local user (which I believe is the reason of the error I get in PowerPivot), I use my domain/username and password in have in my office but get a similar error like "User is not authorized".

Again if I use in this case a local datafeed, excel gets it without a problem.

I think the base problem is how to access an ODATA Feed which is in a different domain... (and remember... I am connected all the time to my VPN: If I ping the ODATA external server, ping returns OK)

Friday, May 12, 2017 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Astur lano,

At home, you can connect the ODATA directly through VPN, while it returns error message in Excel Power Pivot? Based on my understanding, you need to set ODATA authentication by the administrator of datafeed.

Thanks,
    Angelia 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 15, 2017 5:41 AM