none
Howto add additional defiens to CECONFIG.H RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

During build process a file named CECONFIG.H is cretead. This file includes all SYSGEN_ and _CE_MODULES defines.

So it is a good place to check what is in the image. The idea is now to put additional things in this file. I.e. BSP_ vars.

So I'm looking for the place to put this additional defiens into the file.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Holger

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:48 PM

Answers

• That is not a bad way to name your vars.   My personal requirement is that the vars that my team creates should be obvious that they are not Microsoft's or anyone elses.   That just makes it easy to identify our variables.   Certainly your solution would meet my requirement.

The downside is that changing all of your variables will take a little work, but then so would modifying cebasecesysgen.bat.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by snowholgi Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:12 PM

All replies

• That is a really interesting idea, I can't beleive that i never thought of it.  Interesting, but not necessarily the approach that I would take.   Presumably, your Platform code is the only code that needs to use the information about your BSP_ vars while building the OS.   So why not create your own files, say BSPCONFIG.H.  You can then add it to the OS by modifying your platform.bib.

Either way, you will want to modify your platform's cebasecesysgen.bat to output the vars to one of the files during either preproc or pass1

Note I have always said that cebasecesysgen.bat is the work of the devil, but that is becuase I have yet to see it used in a good way.   This would be using it in a good way.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.

Yes it could be also a solution to create my own file.
    But that means that I have two files to look into.

What I have seen is that every var named SYSGEN_ find its way automatically into ceconfig.h. That means if you create your own BSP catalog, name the var SYSGEN_BSP_xxx and check the item the var is added to CECONFIG.h.

But I don't know if it is good to name my vars this way.

What do you think ?

Regards

Holger

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:04 PM
  • That is not a bad way to name your vars.   My personal requirement is that the vars that my team creates should be obvious that they are not Microsoft's or anyone elses.   That just makes it easy to identify our variables.   Certainly your solution would meet my requirement.

The downside is that changing all of your variables will take a little work, but then so would modifying cebasecesysgen.bat.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    • Marked as answer by snowholgi Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:12 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.

Good to know that there are still people working with CE.

Regards
    Holger

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:21 PM