A first chance exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Visual Studio 2013 SP4. I tried all ways but I could not find a solution. I do not experience this problem on a different computer

Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:15 PM

Answers

• On the XamlParseException Dialog, click on View Detail... under Actions:. The InnerException would tell you the exact error for example {"Cannot find resource named 'someString'. Resource names are case sensitive."}

Good day :),

Kashish

Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:29 AM
  • Often, all you get out a xamlparseexception is just a line and character number with no more information.

I should think that's what the 58 and 7 are in that screen shot.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: Uneventful MVVM; All my Technet Articles

Saturday, May 16, 2015 8:11 AM

All replies

• Can you show us the actual XAML rather than an image?

Lloyd Sheen

Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:18 PM
  • I can only suggest that you contact whoever creates "Malt".  Since it is a one computer problem I would check the configuration of that machine against a machine that works.

Lloyd Sheen

Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:38 PM
  • Xamlparseexception just means it went bang.

This is much like trying to divine the murderer from a clue that the victim said  "aaarrgh".

If you have some component there which is on one machine and not the other then that would cause an issue.

Do you have whichever dll malt:desktop is compiled into on that machine and is it in the place your reference is pointing to?

Hope that helps.

Friday, May 15, 2015 8:38 AM
  • On the XamlParseException Dialog, click on View Detail... under Actions:. The InnerException would tell you the exact error for example {"Cannot find resource named 'someString'. Resource names are case sensitive."}

Good day :),

Kashish

Saturday, May 16, 2015 7:29 AM
  • Often, all you get out a xamlparseexception is just a line and character number with no more information.

I should think that's what the 58 and 7 are in that screen shot.

Hope that helps.

Saturday, May 16, 2015 8:11 AM