How to modify the color of a ToggleSwitch? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a ToggleSwitch,

when its status is "ON" then the rectangle color becomes of the same color of the Windows 8 theme chosen by the user!

I simply would like to change that color, replacing it with my App color.

Is it possible?

Lovo Apps

Saturday, June 30, 2012 3:11 PM

Answers

• Easiest way is to provide your own theme brushes in App.Xaml resource dictionary. There are a lot of theme brushes defined for ToggleSwitch. The ones you need to change for the purple color are:
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainPointerOverBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainPressedBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />

Hope this helps!

-mark
    Program Manager
    Microsoft
    This post is provided "as-is"

Sunday, July 1, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• Easiest way is to provide your own theme brushes in App.Xaml resource dictionary. There are a lot of theme brushes defined for ToggleSwitch. The ones you need to change for the purple color are:
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainPointerOverBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />
                <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ToggleSwitchCurtainPressedBackgroundThemeBrush" Color="put your own color here" />

Hope this helps!

-mark
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Sunday, July 1, 2012 6:07 PM

Hope this helps!

-mark
    Program Manager
    Microsoft

Thank you Mark,

alternatively I edited the button Style and I found the "SwitchCurtain" Rectangle, and simply I changed its "Fill" property.

Initially I was editing the Style but my eyes didn't want to see that SwitchCurtain Rectangle.

Lovo Apps

Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:11 AM
  • Thank You Mark, Would you please tell me how to change selected item highlight color in the ComboBox?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:22 PM