none
Lag when cursor over graphicswindow RRS feed

• Question

• hi there! i noticed that my project runs slower when the cursor is over the graphicswindow. see by yourself: TGD840 (replace the images with something else)

BUT i didnt use any mouse functions in my project!! seriously, wtf..

i hope someone can help...
    Live for nothing, OR CODE FOR SOMETHING!
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

• I think this is just how it is - noted before by kts99 I think - in Bugs and Suggestions (v0.6 to v0.7).  This, the flicker with the Blur effect and other performance issues are a consequence of reaching the limits of SmallBasic.  There are no magic answers here and given this is not the purpose of SB are unlikely to be a priority.
    • Marked as answer by Dudeson Monday, September 21, 2009 7:47 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 7:12 PM

All replies

• I think this is just how it is - noted before by kts99 I think - in Bugs and Suggestions (v0.6 to v0.7).  This, the flicker with the Blur effect and other performance issues are a consequence of reaching the limits of SmallBasic.  There are no magic answers here and given this is not the purpose of SB are unlikely to be a priority.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 7:12 PM
  • ok.. but thats still strange.. i mean, its just getting the x and y coordinates.. how much performance can that cost?... thx!

• Unmarked as answer by Dudeson Monday, September 21, 2009 7:47 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 7:46 PM
  • BUT i didnt use any mouse functions in my project!!
    Thats like saying 'because I didn't answer the phone when it rang, nobody called'

Windows is still sending messages to your program(WM_MOUSEMOVE, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, WM_LBUTTONUP, etc.).
    Just because you don't handle the events doesn't mean its not happening.
    Your program still takes the time to process the messages it receives.  It's just not doing anything constructive with them (like an empty Sub).
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:20 PM
  • thats what i tought. but cant this be optimized to just get those coordinates just when you use the functions?
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:02 PM