none
Custom outlook task pane listing multiple shared project emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

We have a requirement that, we have some ongoing projects in our organization. Each project is assigned one email account so that all the correspondences are sent and received through that email.

For each project, a team is assigned to handle all such correspondences. Hence permissions for each project to the user is maintained in a separate database.

Now if a user opens his/her outlook, he should be shown all the projects (on which he has permissions) and its correspondences (sent/received emails). 

I believe one way of doing is to have a custom outlook task pane showing the list of projects and when a users selects any project, EWS can be used to retrieve all emails for that project. 

Now my question is, can I use the outlook list pane and the reading pane to show email items for the selected project? Using this approach I understand that the items will not be saved in the data files and each time the user selects a project, email items will have to be repopulated from exchange server through EWS.

Can anyone please help how to reuse default outlooks List pane and Reading pane for the emails fetched through EWS. Also if there is any other way I can achieve this? 

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Munir

Sunday, February 3, 2013 1:17 PM

Answers

• To offload all the work to outlook best would be to actually add those exchange mailboxes to users' MAPI profiles - this wasy those projects will be presented as additional stores in user's mailbox with full capabilities from outlook side.
    Sunday, February 3, 2013 1:36 PM