none
JIT debugger RRS feed

  • Question

  • Iv got a problem recently that just popped up.. for some SB programs, not all.

     Im getting an

    "an exception error that cant be handled" ( or similar error )

    http://twitpic.com/19e356

     
    http://twitpic.com/19e3jg

    When i click the cancel to do the JIT debug it says "no registered JIT debugger"

    Is this something that's worth adding ?, where can i get it ?.

    Even if i have it installed, will it help me with this problem ?.

    I was going to uninstall SB and re-install, but was given the option to repair SB, so i did that instead, but it didn't help.

    Everything worked in the SB environment a couple of weeks ago...

    One major change ( and only change ) i made was uninstalled AVG anti-virus and installed AVAST.

    I did run a full system scan (2.5 hours ) and found 9 suspected files, and all were in archives, and not even on my windows home hard drive.

    I deleted them all.

    Iv turned off the new anti-virus thinking that it mite be doing something, that didn't help.

    I closed down a lot of the background task's running at the time for extra utility's, didn't help either.

    any ideas on the JIT.. ?
    • Edited by Hot_Rod__ Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:25 PM
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:06 PM

Answers

  • more testing and i found an older version of "SmallBasicLibrary.dll" in my "lib" folder & the .XML file too.

    They are both older & smaller then the current v8.0 version in the main SB folder.

     

    I can only guess that i put it there, thinking i was adding something, maybe from an older version of SB..

     

    So anyway i removed both of these older copy's and all works fine now...

    Friday, March 19, 2010 5:17 AM

All replies

  • I don't Know?
    Signature: Phillip Mikesell
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:09 PM
  • Probably a JIT debugger will not be much help.  Do you have a sample code that reproducibly fails (if so please publish it) or is it a bit random?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 10:04 PM
    Moderator
  • Ok sort of found the problem, not exactly yet, but i know where to look now....

    I thought the first thing i should check is my add on .dlls ...

    So i renamed my "lib" folder to remove them all, sure enough all the native programs run fine.. ie -

    'Program AnalogClock.sb
    'Written by Glennium
    
    GraphicsWindow.Show()
    GraphicsWindow.Width=500 
    GraphicsWindow.Height=500
    
    Iter = Program.Directory   'Iter is Latin for Route, PATH, Journey, or Way.
    
    DrawTicks()
    SecondHand = Shapes.AddImage(Iter + "\SH.png")
    MinuteHand = Shapes.AddImage(Iter + "\MH.png")
    HourHand = Shapes.AddImage(Iter + "\HH.png")
    
    Shapes.Move(SecondHand, -45 , 245)
    Shapes.Move(MinuteHand, -45 , 245)
    Shapes.Move(HourHand, -45 , 245)
    
    Start:
    
    Time1 = Clock.Hour
    Time2 = Clock.Minute
    Time3 = Clock.Second
    
    If Time1 >= 12 Then
    Time1 = Time1 - 12
    EndIf
    
    Time1 = Time1 * 30 + Time2 * 6 / 12 '  30 degrees for each hour
    Time2 = Time2 * 6 ' 6 degrees for each minute 
    Time3 = Time3 * 6   '             and second
    
    Shapes.Rotate(HourHand, Time1 - 90)
    Shapes.Rotate(MinuteHand, Time2 - 90)
    Shapes.Rotate(SecondHand, Time3 - 90)
    
    Goto Start
    
    
    '------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub  DrawTicks
      GraphicsWindow.DrawEllipse(0,0,500,500)
      
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(375,34,365,51)     '1
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(466,125,449,135) '2
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(250,500,250,470) '3
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(467,375,449,365) '4
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(375,467,365,449) '5
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(0,250,30,250)      '6
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(125,467,135,449) '7
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(33,375,51,365)    '8
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(470,250,500,250) '9
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(33,125,51,135)    '10
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(125,33,135,51)    '11
      GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(250,0,250,30)      '12
    EndSub
    

     

    and the Asteroids program fround on the forum workfine too..

     

    so i go back and rename the "lib" folder ( to load them again) and both these programs crash with the same error.

     

    So it seems that one of the add on dll's has either been damaged or something in my system has changed and the suspect DLL aren't  playing nice anymore.

     

    So back to copy & pasting in dll's, till i find the bad one, or the suspect one...

    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:42 AM
  • more testing and i found an older version of "SmallBasicLibrary.dll" in my "lib" folder & the .XML file too.

    They are both older & smaller then the current v8.0 version in the main SB folder.

     

    I can only guess that i put it there, thinking i was adding something, maybe from an older version of SB..

     

    So anyway i removed both of these older copy's and all works fine now...

    Friday, March 19, 2010 5:17 AM
  • Well worked out,

    I had the same problem when I first installed v0.8, although it just didn't work at all for me.  I think Fremy's extension download zip file also contains the SmallBasicLibrary.dll (& SmallBasicLibrary.xml), which is how I think it got into my lib directory.

    Friday, March 19, 2010 8:20 PM
    Moderator