none
Xbox One Kinect + Adapter + MacBook is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to connect Xbox One Kinect through adapter to the MacBook Retina Pro 15" Mid 2012 and MacBook Air 13" Mid 2013. Both have Windows 8.1 with Update installed on BootCamp and both receive two following warnings from Verifier:

1) USB Controller: Supported USB 3.0 port detected with unknown bandwidth. Kinect may not be compatible with your hardware.

2) Verify Kinect Depth and Color Streams: Waiting for frames from Kinect

Also I don't see three IR lights.

When trying to launch any application that uses Kinect (like Kinect Studio) it crashes or just show gray screen. I have disconnected all other USB devices and installed all updates for Windows and NVidia.

Monday, February 2, 2015 4:09 PM

All replies

• Not sure about the Retina Pro 15 Mid 2012, but the MB Air 13 should work. Are you running connected to power? The Intel chipset can run in a low power consumption state which may be why you are not getting data. I have a MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2013 that works without issues but can get into weird states when the GTX 750 goes into low power. The Air, as far as I known, is an Intel 4000 so that should work as long as you have full power and the system didn't go into a low power mode.

Have you tried the unmanaged c++ samples?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, February 2, 2015 7:33 PM